STEM Field Trips At The Castle Fun Center… Education & Fun, All Rolled Into One!
Our Three Hour S.T.E.M. Field Trip Program Combines STEM Education, Physical Education and Lunch in an Exciting Format! Perfect for both Elementary School and Middle School STEM Field Trips! Call us to book your New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania or Connecticut School’s STEM Field Trip today!
Please note that STEM Field Trips are only available throughout the school year on weekday mornings and are not available in the summer months or during holiday hours of operation.
We will be closing the roller skating rink after April 2020 and replacing with a 10,000 sq. ft. InflataPark! For STEM lessons after May 2020, students will enjoy the InflataPark instead of Roller Skating.
Here’s What To Expect…
- S.T.E.M. Education: The first hour the students participate in one of our dynamic S.T.E.M. lessons. Students will learn S.T.E.M. concepts in an interactive and entertaining way, enhancing learning. The S.T.E.M. portion of this program is instructed by a trained, experienced educator with a passionate knowledgeable on S.T.E.M.’s relationship to some of the activities here at The Castle.
- Lunch: The students will be served lunch after the S.T.E.M. lesson. (optional)
- Physical Education: Students will roller skate (thru March 2020) or enjoy our new InflataPark (after April 2020) for approximately two hours.
STEM Field Trip Pricing
STEM LESSON & 2 HOURS ROLLER SKATING (*OR INFLATAPARK DEPENDING ON DATE OF TRIP)
- $14 per person
STEM LESSON, 2 HOURS ROLLER SKATING*, PIZZA SLICE AND SOFT DRINK
- $17 per person
STEM LESSON, 2 HOURS ROLLER SKATING* AND 30 MINUTES UNLIMITED PIZZA & SOFT DRINK
- $21 per person
ADD ADDITIONAL STEM LESSON
- $8 per person
ADD ADDITIONAL CASTLE ACTIVITY
- $5 per person
ADD PIZZA OPTION FOR CHAPERONES
- $3 per person pizza slice/soft drink; $7 per person unlimited pizza/soft drinks
Call our Event Coordinator at 845-469-2116 ext. 7000 to book your School’s STEM field trip today!
Meet Our STEM Educator, Dr. John Yelle…
Dr. Yelle is a professional business manager and college instructor with over 30 years’ experience in creating and presenting training and topical discussions covering a wide-range of areas to age groups from primary schools through adults.
He holds a doctorate in management and organizational theory from the University of Maryland University College, as well as five other college degrees. Dr. Yelle has worked in technical manufacturing since his teens, and has taught upwards of 100 college classes in both undergraduate and graduate programs. In addition, he is an FAA certified airframe and power plant mechanic.
Dr. Yelle has developed a reputation as an active, engaging, and animated speaker, possessing an ability to relate otherwise complex topics to his audience in a manner tailored to their age, aptitude, and experience.
Of unique interest to the roller skating STEM programs, Dr. Yelle has been roller skating since his childhood. First as a roller hockey player in NYC since his pre-teen years through adulthood, through to his current active participation the last eight years in the sport of co-ed roller derby at The Castle Fun Center.
Dr. Yelle looks forward to each STEM session, as he will be able to present the topics at hand to students in the lesson environment and then be able to skate with them as they see what they have learned put into action.
* All lesson plans are copyrighted and meet New Generation Science Standards and Common Core Math Standards.
Call Group Sales at 845-469-2116 ext. 7000 or email email@example.com to book your STEM trip today!
STEM Field Trip Feedback
- “Our students enjoyed the presentation almost as much as the roller skating. We won’t hesitate to recommend your program! Thanks for a great afternoon.” Frank Maendel, Principal; Bellvale School