Lace Up Your Roller Skates or Roller Blades, & Come Roll With Us!!
The Castle Fun Center is the Tri State Area’s premier Roller Skating Rink offering the best Amusement & Entertainment in the NY, NJ, CT & PA area.
Located right in Chester, New York in the lower Hudson Valley (just 30 miles from Bergen & Rockland Counties; 50 miles from New York City), The Castle Fun Center is the leading Entertainment Center and Roller Skating Rink! Feel free to bring your own roller skates or roller blades or we have rentals available. Our smallest skate rental size is a toddlers’ size 8 and we go up to adult size 15.
Come re-live the memories of your youth and bring the whole family to create their own roller skating rink memories! Roller Skating is also a great way to have fun AND stay fit! All skate sessions are open sessions for everyone to enjoy, be sure to check out our skate session times below.
Also check out our Castle Hosted Kids Roller Skating Birthday Party option for a “wheelie” good time!
Let the Good Times Roll in our 10,000 Square Foot, Air Conditioned Roller Skating Rink, With Exciting Lighting & Sound Show!
Current Roller Skating Sessions
|Monday thru Wednesday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm and 4 to 6 pm|
|Thursday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm, 4 to 6 pm and 7 to 9 pm|
|Friday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm, 4 to 6 pm and 7 to 9 pm|
|Saturday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm, 4 to 6 pm and 7 to 9 pm|
|Beginners Skate Lesson:||Saturdays: 12:45 pm (free with the purchase of the 1:30 skate session)|
|Sunday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm and 4 to 6 pm|
Exercise Benefits of Roller Skating
Today, kids need help and encouragement to stay in shape and live a healthy lifestyle. Roller skating provides a great way to exercise and kids get to do what they like to do more than anything in the world – hang out with friends and listen to music. Kids may not realize that while they are socializing with their friends on skates, the activity itself is better than running the same distance.
- Moderate roller skating will increase the skater’s heartbeat to 140-160 beats per minute. Pick up the pace and you’ll likely top 180 beats per minute. This activity strengthens the heart muscle in order to improve blood circulation.
- Studies have shown that roller skating provides a complete aerobic workout and involves all of the body’s muscles, especially the heart.
- Roller skating is equivalent to jogging in terms of health benefits and caloric consumption, reduction of body fat, and leg strength development.
- Roller skating is recognized and recommended by the American Heart Association (AHA) as an aerobic fitness sport.
- Just one hour of moderate roller skating burns 330 calories for a 143-pound person. If that same person roller skates vigorously up to 10 mph, he or she will burn up to 600 calories in an hour.
- During a 30-minute period, on the average, in-line skating at a steady, comfortable rate expends 285 calories and produces a heart rate of 148 beats per minute. (Information from International Inline Skating Association website)