Lace Up Your Roller Skates or Roller Blades, & Come Roll With Us!!
The Castle Fun Center is the Tri State Area’s premier Roller Skating Rink offering the best Amusement & Entertainment in the NY, NJ, CT & PA area.
Located right in Chester, New York in the lower Hudson Valley (just 30 miles from Bergen & Rockland Counties; 50 miles from New York City), The Castle Fun Center is the leading Entertainment Center and Roller Skating Rink! Feel free to bring your own skates or blades or we have rentals available. Our smallest skate rental size is a toddlers’ size 8 and we go up to adult size 15.
Let the Good Times Roll in our 10,000 Square Foot, Air Conditioned Roller Skating Rink, With Exciting Lighting & Sound Show!
Current Roller Skating Sessions
|Monday thru Wednesday:||Rink Closed|
|Thursday:||3 to 5 pm and 5:30 to 7:30 pm|
|Friday:||4 to 6 pm and 7 to 9 pm|
|Saturday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm, 4 to 6 pm and 7 to 9 pm|
|Beginners Skate Lesson:||Saturdays: 12:45 pm (free with the purchase of the 1:30 skate session)|
|Sunday:||1:30 to 3:30 pm and 4 to 6 pm|
Roller Skating Benefits
- Studies have shown that roller skating provides a complete aerobic workout and involves all of the body’s muscles, especially the heart.
- Roller skating is equivalent to jogging in terms of health benefits-caloric consumption, reduction of body fat, and leg strength development. It is recognized and recommended by the American Heart Association (AHA) as an aerobic fitness sport.
- Just one hour of moderate roller skating burns 330 calories for a 143-pound person. If that same person roller skates vigorously, he or she will burn up to 590 calories in an hour. The number of calories burned per hour while skating at 6 mph is 350 and 600 while skating at 10 mph.
- According to a study conducted at the University of Massachusetts, in-line skating causes less than 50 percent of the impact shock to joints compared to running.
- According to Dr. Carl Foster, associate professor of medicine at the University of Wisconsin Medical School, in-line skating as a form of exercise is as beneficial as running or cycling. (Information from International Inline Skating Association website). If someone roller skates one day, bicycles another, and swims or runs on another, the person will be getting all the fitness benefits that aerobics can offer.
- During a 30-minute period, on the average, in-line skating at a steady, comfortable rate expends 285 calories and produces a heart rate of 148 beats per minute. (Information from International Inline Skating Association website)